So in honor of school starting today in Orlando, FL I thought it would be a cute idea to share with my readers a project I worked on for my future classroom. It was an art project for my Literature class. If I have to do a school art project, I make sure I put everything I can into it. I worked on this for a few months, and I am super proud of it. Not to brag or anything, but when presenting this to my professor and classmates I felt like I might've out shined everyone else's retelling. I was asked so many questions about it, and it was passed around the whole classroom. All my classmates really took their time viewing each page of this retelling...no one else's was passed around. I hate doing art projects half ass, and this retelling says it all.
On the back of each picture has a few sentences to go with the picture, so retelling the story to children will be clear and easy for the teacher.
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff.
1. If you give a mouse a cookie,
2. He's going to ask for a glass of milk.
3. When you give him the milk,
4. He'll probably ask you for a straw.
5. When he's finished, he'll ask for a napkin.
6. Then he'll want to look in a mirror to make sure he doesn't have a milk mustache.
7. When he looks into the mirror, he might notice his hair needs a trim. So he'll probably as for a pair of nail scissors.
8. When he's finished giving himself a trim, he'll want a broom to sweep up.
9. He'll start sweeping. He might get carried away and sweep every room in the house.
10. He may even end up washing the floors as well!
11. When he's done, he'll probably want to take a nap. You'll have to fix up a little box for him with a blanket and a pillow.
12. He'll crawl in, make himself comfortable and fluff the pillow a few times. He'll probably ask you to read him a story.
13. So you'll read to him from one of your books, and he'll ask to see the pictures. When he looks at the pictures, he'll get so excited he'll want to draw one of his own. He'll ask for paper and crayons.
14. He'll draw a picture. When the picture is finished, he'll want to sign his name with a pen.
15. Then he'll want to hang his picture on your refrigerator. Which means he'll need scotch tape.
16. He'll hang up his drawing and stand back to look at it. Looking at the refrigerator will remind him that he's thirsty. SO...
17. He'll ask for a glass of milk. And chances are if he asks for a glass of milk,
18. He's going to want a cookie to go with it.