1. 94% on my test! Woot, I was so excited when I saw my score, because I was quite worried about this test. In my education program, they decided to teach us a nonexistent form of math called base 8. (like base 10) This nonexistent math was made up, to teach us future educators a little lesson. The lesson being...how our students feel when they learn new math! It was very frustrating to say the least to learn a math that was made up, nonetheless learn a math that doesn't have numbers: 8, or 9. Yes this base 8 has NO 8, or 9 in the count. So you would count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10 and you call 10: 1 ee 0. So it would look like this, and sound like this... 1ee0, 1ee1, 1ee 2, 1ee 3, etc. Very weird, and I guess you could say "Lesson Learned" . So since I aced my test, I was through the roof excited.
2. Co-hosting. I had the wonderful opportunity of co-hosting the Meet and Greet blog hop, and the Fun Friday blog hop this week. It's been a pleasure to work with all these ladies!
3. Design. I've been working on designing my own lesson planner weekly sheets. I love the designs I've come up with and I can't wait to implement them in my first internship.
4. Bigs & Littles. I signed up for the bigs & littles blogging network. For a while it's been in my curiosity inbox, and I guess I'll learn about it soon. I'm looking forward to being partnered up with an amazing blogger! I have high hopes, to grow, and share my blog further! Yay!
1. Design. This Tuesday, I had some technical difficulties! It drove me insane, and I didn't have the time for a set back like this! The website I used for image mapping, decided to delete all my images. I think it happened to a few of us. So basically all my images with links...GONE! It set me in a horrible mood for the rest of the week. I'm still trying to correct the errors of this website, and with much crappy attitude I say to you "I will never, ever use this website again!" Which means I need to invest in Adobe Creative Suite, which also means it'll cost me a small fortune.
2. PINK BH. I launched my first blog hop for hope, Pinkalicious Wednesday, and because of the image mapping being all screwed up, I had to redo the mapping for my blog hop. Not only did this put me in a horrible mood, the fact that I only noticed 6 bloggers linked up for the week, hurt my feelings :( So now, I'm mad, tired and sad. The blog hop is to help spread awareness, which I thought most of my blogger friends would love to participate, given the fact that we are all women here, and 1 out of 8 women have a chance of being diagnosed with breast cancer in your lifetime. I truly hope for a better outcome next week, because if not I will end it at the end of October :(
3. School. I missed a class last Thursday, because I had an emergency. When I came back to class this week, I came back to hostile territory. The professor was upset with the class, which includes me...and I was at a lost as to why. Apparently, the day I missed was a day that my fellow colleagues and classmates decided to be rowdy, respectful, and rude to her. From what I heard from other classmates, was that people were being loud, not listening and the professor got so mad and kicked everyone out of the class an hour and a half early. Everyone, even me (which I don't think is fair since I wasn't there) had to write a reflection on respect, and how they would want their students to behave. I'm not in elementary school anymore, so this assignment really pissed me off, since I wasn't there, and I've never treated any of my professors disrespectfully. I hate being punished for the action of others. I just felt like I'm grown...I'm 28 years old, and I have to endure this because a majority of my classmates are 18, 19 foolish kids. I don't have time for their stupidity, hence being punished for it either. The professor was my favorite, she was kind, funny, very down to earth, and she really wanted to help us. So now, for the past 2 classes, she's been cold, and serious. It makes my learning experience tainted, and ineffective. I really hope she gets over whatever the class did to her so we could go back to learning with joy :(
4. Design. Like I mentioned before, I created a lesson planner design which I'm excited about, but I can't figure out how to make it double sided. So when I print it off each time, it's automatically double sided formatted. I did get some feedback as to how, but I still can't figure it out, or find the tool to do it. I may have a different format of the programs I use. I don't know. It made me loose sleep, because I like figuring things out with a happy ending. So when I can't figure it out I get mad at myself, especially when it's as simple as making a document double sided.
5. Target. I didn't get the chance to bag my own Phillip Lim bag. I'm so bummed about it too. I checked the Target website to see where the bags were available, but each time I went circling the accessory department, no bag was found! I really wanted the taupe tote, and found other bags. I searched 2 separate Targets in which said they had it in stock but in fact did not. Which means some women Target employee's have been hiding them for themselves, friend or family members. I know this to be true because the Target I checked, said it was in stock for 5 days, and each time I went, no bag. Since I use to work in retail, I'm more than sure that's the case. Target announced that they will not restock these bags, but to stay tuned for another designer collaboration next February. What a crappie!