The pull of the bloggy world was calling my name, and I couldn't resist it. I basically starred at my computer for a long period of time, trying to find the courage to start something that would be displayed for the whole world to read and see. It scared me, for all the obvious reasons below.
Why blogging scared me-WHAT IF...
1. What if...No one wanted to read my blog?
2. What if...People hate my blog?
3. What if...My friends and family judged me based upon my blog?
4. What if...For some reason, I wouldn't be taken seriously?
5. What if...I got back bad feedback, and negativity from strangers?
6. What if...Sharing my life on the internet would bite me in my butt later when looking for a teaching position?
7. What if...My blog just took up space on the internet?
8. What if...My fiance would feel upset that I was sharing our lives on the internet for the whole world to see?
9. What if...Someone copied my content an used it for their own blog?
10.What if... I started to get writer's block?
11. What if...I just got tired of blogging, and it started to feel like a job more than a fun hobby? 12. What if...My readers just stop following my blog?
13. What if...I couldn't connect with other bloggers?
14. What if...being a bridal blogger annoyed people?
15. What if...an ex from my (or my fiance's) past stumbled up on my blog?
16.What if...I share tou much of myself?
17. What if...My readers felt unwelcomed, or offended?
18.What if...My voice didn't matter?
Needless to say, I let go of all my fears and launched my blog. I started by introducing it to my friends on Facebook for a day before I deleted it...lol No one from my Facebook paid attention...what's up with that yo? Help a brotha' out! lol I didn't put much effort in promoting it, because maybe I wasn't ready to share it? Maybe some of my fears still plagued me?
Thus far, I have enjoyed my time blogging! It's an addiction, I have no intention of breaking. My blog is my voice! I have a little corner of the bloggy world, that from time to time, gets recognized. I've met so many great people through my blog, and it's an amazing feeling. I'm so happy...Blogging has been great for the soul. Come by next week for #2 Bloggy Addict.