Today, I'm celebrating my 2nd year of being the author of Sleepless in DIY Bride Country!! I honestly can't believe it's been 2 years. I love everything there is about being a blogger.
In the beginning, I hesitated to start blogging. I thought of all the scary things that could happen...
I was scared that...
- I wouldn't have a single reader.
- No one would care to view my blog.
- Some people would hate my blog.
- My friends and family would just judge me, and have conversation pieces against me.
- I would be the laughing stock of the bloggy world.
What I learned two years later...
- I do have readers...every now and again.
- Sometimes people don't care to view my blog, and that's ok! My Pinterest history would say otherwise. I have many viewers everyday! I love that so much.
- Honestly, some people do hate my blog...HA, and that's ok too. I mean not everyone loves a bridal/lifestyle/education/everything under the sun type of blog. It won't stop me, because I know there are so many people out there who love my blog. My biggest motivation is the endless emails, and comments of how I have helped a fellow bride in some way or another.
- Not all my friends and family have judged me, but some have. I'm more than sure, when I'm not around my blog has been a conversation piece for negativity. It happens, and that's ok too. I know deep down that it doesn't matter, because only god can judge me. Blogging isn't for everyone.
- I wouldn't say I'm a laughing stock of any world. HA! I was being dramatic. I honestly think other bloggers are amazing. I've met so many supportive bloggers out there, and have yet to meet a mean one. Bloggers stick together.
Since my blogs opening day, I haven't regretted becoming a blogger for one second. I have had the pleasure of having really cool and fun opportunities because of my blog. So happy 2 year Bloggi-versary to me, and Sleepless!
This year as part of my celebration, I wanted to finally convert my domain name to a .com. From blogspot.com to .com. Last year, I bought the domain name, but never got around to changing it. I plan on making the move really soon, just as soon as Godaddy allows it!! YAY! How exciting.
Lastly, I want to say thank you to my readers, my page viewers, my unique page viewers, my sponsors, my affiliate companies (especially Irresistible Me). Thank you for reading, for your support, and above all for making blogging so worth it!!